Re: errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.CDC_CREATE_CTABLE_BEFORE

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:25:54 +0200

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> Recreate the database.
> Other than that drop all the catalog objects created in system.
> However, as you don't have anything yet, recreating the database is
> the easiest.

Hello Sybrand. Unfortunately the database was already filled with data converted from an old app (it took 4 days of work). I had the Bad Idea (TM) of (re)running catalog.sql because I got a missing package error during my first export.

Anyway, I managed to repair the database with the following (thanks to OSS):

SQL> alter system set "_system_trig_enabled"=FALSE ;
SQL> @catalog.sql
SQL> @catproc.sql
SQL> alter system set "_system_trig_enabled"=TRUE ;

And then apply method described in Metalink note 1030426.6 for removing SYS duplicate objects in SYSTEM schema.

By the way, after all this pain the database was repaired but I still got the export error. After a simple Metalink search, I found out that what I had to do was simply:

SQL> GRANT EXECUTE ON sys.lt_export_pkg TO PUBLIC;

As described in Metalink note 159695.1.

Probably my brain already start vacations and left my body in the office all alone...

Thank you for your answer. Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)
Berlusconi's corollary to Godwin's Law: "As a parliament discussion