Oracle Database Corrupted during SAN switch firmware upgrade

From: conehead <conehead32_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2003 14:02:03 -0700

I was wondering if anyone knows of any database settings that we could check to discover why one of our oracle databases failed during a SAN switch firmware upgrade. The server is a SUN Solaris with Veritas DMP 3.2 and a JNI 1063 HBA driver level 2.5.21.

When we performed the firmware upgrade the database hung. The server admins indicated that there were no issues with Veritas and in the var/adm/messages there was a brief 1 sec offline/online message that is normal for a SAN switch firmware upgrade or fabric update. We observed no problems with other servers during the upgrade and have since performed other firmware upgrades to the other paths on the same server without issue. Have no idea where to go at this point, any info would be appreciated. Thanks

John Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 16:02:03 CDT