Re: DB Help!!!!!!

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:23:05 GMT

When you create a database link, you use a command similar to the following:

CREATE DATABASE LINK my_link CONNECT TO some_user IDENTIFIED BY his_pswd USING 'connect_string';

The ORA-2019 error is telling you that the 'connect_string' that you specified is not found in your server's TNSNAMES.ORA (or some other names resolution method). Exit out of SQL*Plus and make sure that you can 'tnsping connect_string'. My guess is that you won't be able to. Add the correct entry to your TNSNAMES.ORA file.

HTH,
Brian

peak_amperes wrote:

> I have 2 instances. I want to view data in instance2, from instance1
>
> I am at instance1, and i try to execute this:
> select * from table_at_dblink2
>
> and i get ORA-02019, so i then i execute this on instance1:
>
> select * from all_db_links;
>
> Result:
> Owner Username DB_link Host
> PUBLIC|RHE |dblink2 |instance2|
>
> So, whats missing, there is a DB link created from instance1 to
> instance2, so why am i not able to view the data from instance2 ????
>
> Please respond ASAP......
>
> --

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com