Re: standby database

From: Antoine BRUNEL <antoinebrunel/yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:11:30 +0200

Hi from Paris

view V$DATABASE, column CONTROLFILE_TYPE:

      CONTROLFILE_TYPE
     VARCHAR2(7)
     The type of control file:

        a.. STANDBY indicates database is in standby mode.

        b.. CLONE indicates a clone database.

        c.. BACKUP | CREATED indicates database is being recovered using a
backup or created control file.

        d.. CURRENT: The control file changes to this type following a standby database activate or database open after recovery.