TNS Protocol adapter error when connecting to a different Windows Domain

From: GP <gilles_perreault_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2003 12:15:50 -0700

I have an instance that is on a Windows 2000 domain that I want to access from a NT4 domain.

I can ping the server, tnsping the instance, but when I try to connect to it (after setting the ORACLE_SID env. variable) I get the 'Self explanatory' error ;-) 12560 TNS protocol adapter error.

There is NO trust between the domains, but since the tnsping worked, I was expecting a successfull connection.

Thanks Received on Thu Jul 24 2003 - 14:15:50 CDT