Re: read consistency question

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:05:40 +0300

Hi!

Yep, you're probably right. You have to verify that your serializable transaction deals only with data which isn't modified meanwhile by other transactions (including inserts). I did a little testing in PL/SQL and setting transaction serializable + opening for update cursor + deleting from cursor afterwards works as excpected, that no newly inserted rows are seen and only original ones are deleted. Newly inserted rows appear after commit is done on serializable transaction.

Tanel.