Re: Oracle Universal Installer -> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

From: revjack <revjack_at_revjack.net>
Date: 24 Jul 2003 16:54:00 GMT

mmeyers58 <member34129_at_dbforums.com> wrote:

: Originally posted by Revjack

:> Following up to myself self for the archives...
:>
:> Apparently, Oracle isn't kidding around when they advise as
:> to the minimum kernel parameters. After experiencing further
:> java.lang.memory problems, I went back and followed the
:> instructions (gasp), setting the kernel parameters to the
:> suggested minimums. Result: flawless installation.
: Thanks for posting this.  I'm curious, did you raise the kernel
: parameter settings to the recommended minimums, or did you lower them to
: the minimums?

Raised 'em all. From my /etc/system:

--
revjack_at_revjack.net