Re: Migrate 200 Million of rows

From: Charles Goehring <cgoehrin_at_san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:58:23 GMT

I believe create table ... as select * from ... will cause all that data to go into rollback at one time unless autocommit is on. That will likely fail afer a lengthy attempt. Whatever process is used, peace-of-mind will be better if you can monitor the progress and have definate stop points that you can resume from. So, I would break it up somehow and use a one-time program to do the transfer. Nothing is worse that waiting three days for it to complete and then having to re-run it.

Good luck.