Migrate 200 Million of rows

From: Nuno <nuno.tavares_at_ams.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2003 03:50:10 -0700

Hi,

I would like to migrate 200 Million records. Furthermore my new table will have more fields that the old one. The new table will be in different database therefore a link will be used as well.

I was thinking about:
Strategy A)
1) create table ... as select * from

with a join with temporary table to make the new table with new columns

2) create index, contraints etc

Strategy B)

  1. create table
  2. create index and make it unusable (I have to check if this is possible in v8.0.5)
  3. Insert into /*+ APPEND */ select * from
  4. rebuild the index, constraints etc

Could you please help me in the best strategy to perform this task?

Do you have any more suggestions Received on Tue Jul 22 2003 - 05:50:10 CDT