Re: Oracle 8i and AIX 5 compatibility issue

From: juliuus <member32795_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:44:44 +0000

Dear all

Sybrand, as Koert mentioned, 8.1.7 is certified against AIX 5.

I will tell you what Iīve done in the meantime:

  1. Oracle 8.1.7 and Java 1.1.8 (bundled in Oracle).

Apllication runs ok except 1 important thing. It gives the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethod: java.lang.system: method setProperty

Someone somewhere pointed out that java 1.1.8 System class does not have the setProperty() method.

2) Java 1.2.2 or Java 1.3.1, it doesnīt matter what Oracle version,

   apparently the application canīt get data from the database.

I am really getting desperate, will you please help ?

Thanks

Julio