oracle create index

From: John <nihal_at_newmexico.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:06:11 -0600

I'm new to Oracle, there may be an obvious answer to my problem, but I cant seem to figure it out. I'm importing over a mysql database to oracle. A number of my tables have indexes that have the same name.

Example of what I am trying to do:

create table mytable1 ( myid NUMBER(10),otherid NUMBER(10)); create table mytable2 (someid NUMBER(10),otherid NUMBER(10));

create INDEX otherid ON mytable1 (otherid); create INDEX otherid ON mytable2 (otherid);

error: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish this?

Thanks! Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 18:06:11 CDT