Re: oracle thesis

From: Herman Rollfs of Roelofs <roelofs223_at_zonnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:01:54 +0200

"pino" <pinitolino_at_NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:20030101190328.00004537.pinitolino_at_NOSPAMhotmail.com...
> My name is Lino Giuseppe and I'm a Italian Studente of Bari. I'm doing
my thesis and i need help, any kind of help. I'm study "test automation", so I
> must test a application in Form builder with the Rational
Robot(this is a tool to test the application), but i find some problem.

> The problem with the priority are:
>
> 1.- Cell non edit and not navigable, has not been recognized by the
robot.
> 2.- A cell that are the total of two or more cell (so sum, average,
ect) is impossibile to control that the result is ok.
> 3.- I can't read the message in the pop-up windows.
> 4.- I can't read (always from Rational robot) the message in the
status bar, so in the message line and command line.

> I read a lot of manual but the information that i need is very
dificult to find becuase i need to know how, for instance, work the status bar at the base, how pass the messagge!!

> I use Form Builder 6i patch 13.
>
> If you have any information i thanks to you.
Colleagues of mine have encountered similar problems. Most robots are unable to read Forms or Java applications because they expect to read components but the Forms or Java GUI does not consist of components. What you see is merely painted in a window. The robot can therefore not read the components, unless you can make it analyse a bitmap picture to extract characters from it.
I do hope you get replies from Forms guru's (I'm the opposite of that) telling you that it *can* be done. Otherwise, don't shoot the messenger.

Good luck,

Herman Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 18:01:54 CDT