Re: Database example

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:46:52 -0700

Fiber Optic wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new in Oracle world. I want to learn Oracl DB. Does anyone know where I
> can download example of DB in Oracle ??
>
> Thanks,
> FO
>
> ---

Start by dropping the SQL Server lingo and learning Oracle concepts. A database in SQL Server is a SCHEMA in Oracle: You can't download a database example because no such thing exists. You would be asking to download a group of datafiles sized in the hundreds or thousands of megabytes.

If you have Oracle installed tell us which version. All Oracle installations have demo schemas with them. Start by looking at c:\oracle\ora92\demo or its equivalent.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu