Re: Compaq DL 380 And Smart Array

From: Andras Kovacs <andkovacs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2003 14:26:34 -0700

Moving to a 64 bit OS will not help much. Smart Array is already 64 bit.
We have done some testing with Compaq Thru 64 and the performance gain was minor for our DB application.

We have an IO limit on the Raid and disks. Smart Array 5304 is something that we consider but the IO rate per channel is the same as on Smart Array 5302.

Is there something better in the Compaq products than the Smart Array controller ? Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 16:26:34 CDT