Re: Userid's/Passwords and Application Development

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:30:53 -0700

Pete's wrote:

> I've got a bunch of developers that think they need to have schema
> password to develop their apps. Not only that, but, they hard code
> the userid/password in their web apps.
>
> <snipped>
> My apologies it if sounds as if I'm venting.
>
> TIA,
> Pete's

When you use the possessive "I've" as in 'I've got' are you indicating that you are their manager?

If so ... shame on you for not putting in place, and enforcing, decent, logical, and reasonable
coding standards. You are presiding over a pending disaster.

If, on the other hand you are venting about your peers and management has not been informed ...
you have an obligation to bring this issue to their attention. If management has been informed and
chooses to do nothing you have two choices. Put up and shut up ... or leave. I'd choose the later.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu