Re: calling SQL*Loader from OCCI

From: Dave Hau <davehau_nospam_123_at_nospam_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:53:58 GMT

viktor wrote:
> Hi All,
> I need to access SQL*Loader from C++.
> I know there is an interface for OCI to access SQL*Loader.
> I also know there is a gnu project of a c++ wrapper to the
> OCI-SQL*Loader interface (odpd).
> According to the OCCI documentation the OCCI is just a C++ facade of
> OCI (with some goodies like thread managing , etc.).
> I want to know the following:
> 1. How can I operate OCI from OCCI?
> 2. Are there are source samples of operating OCI from OCCI or even
> better operating OCI SQL*Loader interface from OCCI?
> 3. Are there are any known (/unknown :-) ) problems with either OCCI
> access to OCI or OCI interface itself to the SQL*Loader?
> Thanks,
> Viktor

The OCCI documentation mentions that OCCI provides OCI functionality. But I don't think this statement can be generalized to mean OCCI is just a C++ facade of OCI. The former is talking about requirements. The latter is talking about implementation.

AFAIK, OCCI provides most of OCI's functionality, but not all. Direct path loading is one that's not available in OCCI.

Maybe you can consider just calling the OCI direct path loading API as C functions from your C++ code, while using OCCI for other parts of the code. You won't be able to share data structures between the two, but this seems to be the best you can do at present.

Cheers,
Dave Received on Tue Jul 08 2003 - 14:53:58 CDT