Re: sys and system in 9i

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 18:26:28 +0300

Hi!

Yep, starting from 9.2 sys connections have to be as sysdba or sysoper. In 9.0 I believe sys account had the old behaviour. I don't know the exact reason, but maybe Oracle just wanted to simplify it's administrative accounts. So sys is always the most powerful user now, others might be, if granted sysdba (or sysoper) privilege.

So, try connect sys/password as sysdba or sys/password_at_alias as sysdba.

Tanel.