Re: object naming conventions

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:58:50 +1000

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:1a75df45.0307020344.2bea25be_at_posting.google.com...

> Back in the 80's we did not even had a data dictionary.

Begging your pardon, I did with Oracle. And the one I and 3 others wrote for our Codasyl DBMS at Prime...

> Anyone else here worked with databaseses like "relational databases"
> Adabas and Sesam? :-)

Yuch, no! I played with DL1, DMS1100 and Prime's DBMS. That was enough to cure me from the network/hierarchical model and its implementation traits...

> Yeah.. won't call it the good old days, but we use to bitch a lot less
> than some DB developers and administrators today.. ;-)

This GUI crowd "knows nuthin"! :D

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto