Re: Parallel Database Import / Export

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 01:47:04 +0300

Hi!

IO might become even bigger bottleneck when you are doing your exp/imp from segments on same disks.
But if your segments reside on different disks, or IO is very fast compared to your CPUs, then it's worth trying.

Another thing is, you could do index creation in parallel after data is loaded..

Tanel.