Re: TNSLSNR crashes on Windows

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:33:59 -0500

Nope..Works fine in 9 ( in fact it did not work in 8.1.7 - a known bug) and is used to specify the port that oracle will use for all communications, not just the initial Listener one - hence it allows you to open only one specific ( and administrator definable ) port through your firewall..The downside is that when you stop the listener, you will drop all existing database connections as well ( which is different from the default behavior, which allows the listener to be stopped without affecting existing user connections to the database).