Re: TNSLSNR crashes on Windows

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:02:06 -0500

We use it ( as firewall adaptation so we can specify the port to use.. ) with v9 -( in fact in 8.1.7 it did not work - a known bug)
..Downside to use when not needed for some specific purpose ( like port specification) is that you cannot shut down the listener without that action causing all connections to fail ( same port is used for all communication and connections are maintained by the listener, and not by a separate process)