Re: How can I query for any of the 5 max value (specified during database creation)?

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:50:36 +0200

Jeffrey Yee <jeffyee_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws ec4cec95.0306270208.6c5739e8_at_posting.google.com...
| Hi,
|
| I'm wondering if there is a way for me to query for the maxlogfiles,
| maxlogmembers, maxdatafiles, maxinstances & maxloghistory value? At
| the meantime, I get these values through the trace file generated by
| 'ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE'. But this is very
| inconvenient, if I have many databases to manage.
|
| Please advice. Thank you.
|

| Best Regards,
| Jeffrey Yee

Query V$CONTROLFILE_RECORD_SECTION. You will make it from there. Not you question but I want to point you to an interesting script controlfile_size.sql that can be found at http://www.ixora.com.au/scripts/misc.htm (it's where I found out about this V$-view).
It can calculate the size of the controlfile. This enables you to forecast its size when you want to vary those things like maxloghistory. Received on Fri Jun 27 2003 - 13:50:36 CDT