Re: How to effectively monitor events in OEM?

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:01:08 +0200

Jeffrey Yee <jeffyee_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws ec4cec95.0306270219.5296f91a_at_posting.google.com...
| Hi,
|
| I thought of creating one event to monitor a group of events, for
| example the performance group, but I cannot individually configure the
| interval for each event in the group. I end up creating an event for
| each event in the group, but this is too much work. Is there a better
| way of doing this?
|
| Please advice. Thank you.
|

| Best Regards,
| Jeffrey

No. Group events in a library events based on the interval you want to check for the event.
We limited it 2 registered events that each check a number of database events (alert log, tablespace full etc etc.) but at a different interval. Then we have another event that checks for the listener and the node up/down.
Another event is registered to check archivelogmode databases (log_archive_dest full etc.)
We grouped our databases in several groups (development, production, vms-databases (because the events where different due to bugs), archivelogmode db's; note a db can be in more than one group) and stored the events in the library with those groups as the monitored destinations. That is with the OEM version that goes with V8..1.7. If I understood it well those groups no longer exits in OEM of V9.2 (always forget the OEM versions). Let's hope I'am mistaking. Received on Fri Jun 27 2003 - 14:01:08 CDT