Re: Media recovery when using an old controlfile

From: Jurjen Oskam <joskam_at_quadpro.stupendous.org>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 14:32:51 GMT

In article <3EFAF08D.79FF7B6B_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>, Brian Peasland wrote:

> I believe (haven't tried it myself), that since you recovered using a
> backup controlfile that you would have had to open with RESETLOGS
> anyway. You were able to recover everything, but the system probably
> needed RESETLOGS to open. To the system, you still did incomplete

That's no big loss - I do not intend do to restores that often. :-) I just needed to make sure that this method works. I'm currently working on the exact procedure. When I'm done and tested it thoroughly, I'll post it here if there's any interest.

--
Jurjen Oskam

PGP Key available at http://www.stupendous.org/