Re: ora-01034 and ora-27101 after reboot

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:02:25 +0200

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:02:48 +0100, Anthony Hogan <ahogan-nospam-_at_iespana.es> wrote:

>I have the same problem on some of my W2K servers: The instance does not
>open automatically on reboot. You can connect sys as sysdba and manually
>startup the instance after reboot or create a script which opens the
>instance. This script can then be associated with a scheduled task which
>runs at system startup.
>Beware of the script option if you have multiple instances on the server
>as it may not always open all the instances.
>
>HTH
>Anthony Hogan

Is this a solution or just a workaround? You need to identify *why* your database doesn't start by verifying oradim.log and the alert log, instead of implementing and -even worserecommending  this crap workaround, which doesn't *solve* anything!

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jun 24 2003 - 12:02:25 CDT