Re: Price Oracle9iAS Portal

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:54:54 GMT

pheonix1t wrote:

> Marco wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is anyone can give me an idea of the price of Oracle9iAS Portal?
> >
> > Thanks for your answer
> that price isn't set in stone...it is negotiable! One client I work at
> got 20% off for 9i database, application server and developer suite!
> Work that sales person down! Get up early and take your Wheaties!!

Use the price form the Oracle Store for your planning.

  1. If you buy from the website, you have a hard time negotiating;
  2. Regardless of what anyone says, budget based on list price - then negotiate and feel good about any gain.

I've run across many fools who budget based on discounts they have heard about or have received in the past. If the sales rep changes or gets tougher, they are stuck & and up looking like idiots in front of their management.

If management doesn't like the price - let them negotiate with the sales rep. Received on Mon Jun 23 2003 - 23:54:54 CDT