Re: Oracle RAC and Oracle Cluster File System?!

From: Antoine BRUNEL <antoinebrunel/yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:26:30 +0200

Hi from Paris

OCFS is a file system module, which is able to mount partitions from a shared SAN.

1 .So of course, you will have to install this module on any node attached to the bay, and which need to access shared partitions.

2. of course too !! this is the objective !! you can mount partitions on any number of nodes attached to the bay, and so add nodes to your RAC.

At the moment, it is not supported to install Oracle binaries on a shared partition (just like we do on Tru64 and CFS) mounted with OCFS, but it should be possible with RDBMS 10.