Oracle RAC and Oracle Cluster File System?!

From: JZ <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 11:23:01 -0700

Hi, all:

We try to do some testing on Oracle RAC for Linux on Oracle Cluster File System(OCFS). Since the doc from oracle is not very clear. Here're some of my questions:

For 2 nodes environment: Node a and node b.

  1. Which nodes(s) do we have to install OCFS into? 'cause OCFS doesn't support Oracle software, I think we can install OCFS on both node a and node b, so part of their local drives (with OCFS) can be shared by Oracle RAC. Is this right?
  2. Can we not use an external storage? Like: add node c (probably a Linux PC), installed OCFS in it and install Oracle software in node a and node. Is this possible?

Thanks a lot! Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 13:23:01 CDT