Re: Oracle hangs while shutdown immediate

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:16:41 +0200

Paul Brewer wrote:

> "Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message

>> Good advice. However, on the production box where we have had
>> 'shutdown immediate' still being busy after 24 hours (at least 3
>> times the last 12 months), is without any agents.
I've got oracle 9i hanging on a shutdown immediate once. Did a shutdown abort after which it didn't startup again but complained about corrupt redo log files.
Turned out a defective main board produced memory errors.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
While it is a known fact that programmers
never make mistakes, it is still a good idea