Re: Where can I get a complete list of all SQL Hints?

From: Antoine BRUNEL <antoinebrunel/yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:41:05 +0200

hi from Paris

For a list of supported, and explaination of optimizer hints, RTFM:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96533/hintsref.htm#8326

Others hints won't be documented because they are not supported. For example, you spoke of 'bypass_recursive_check', wich is a workaround for bug 1816154.

They should only be used under direction by Oracle Support, because they are only useful in order to change optimizer default action, and so for several reasons. But they can rarely be used for performance purpose.

Don't think you can be more intelligent than Oracle people, by using beta features with hidden events, or using unsupported configurations.

And don't cry after having losed your unsupported production database...