Re: ANALYZE ISSUES IN 9i?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 00:20:01 +1000

"koert54" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:MpnGa.51059$1u5.3954_at_afrodite.telenet-ops.be...
> Try setting
> optimizer_index_caching to 90
> optimizer_index_cost_adj to 10
> It does the trick for me when I see RBO is giving better performance than
> CBO
Hi Koert54,

I agree that these parameters are important to the CBO and that in many cases your suggested values are probably better than the defaults *however* because they are so influential they need to be set appropriately according to your particular environments.

Otherwise, you suggested values are just guesses and could result in more efficient FTS plans being ignored.

And if it wasn't so late I'd go into it in more detail.

Cheers

Richard Received on Sat Jun 14 2003 - 09:20:01 CDT