Re: Oracle SNMP

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:50:53 +0200

Kuas <jkuas_at_bigfoot.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3EEA879F.2060100_at_bigfoot.com...
| The explanation is really close to what I read in the documentations.
| Everything is refered to the OEM. But I am still not sure the components
| needed. It seems to me from the reply and as in the documentations we
| need all 4 components. The OIE and dbsnmp(this is Unix/Sun right?) are
| in the DB machine. Then OMS, OEM and OEM repository is in the OEM
| machine. I read it somewhere between the DB and the subagent, Oracle
| does not use SNMP, the agent will interpret the event to SNMP event. I
| believe dbsnmp will send the alarm to the OEM in the SNMP protocol.
|
| So if we have HP Openview or Net-SNMP as the NMS, is it possible to
| intercept the SNMP messages from the DB machine straight to the NMS
| without using OEM make sure that the configuration snmp DB Configuration
| is correct.
|
| Right now, I am not sure I have the correct configuration of the whole
| Oracle system to send SNMP that can be querried by NMS system. I can't
| possibly tell if the OEM that does not receive the SNMP from the each
| subagent (OracleDB and subagent configuration) or OEM configuration.
|
| I tried to querry the DB Oracle subagent directly but I cannot connect
| properly.
|
| Thanks for the comments.
|
| Kuas

Don't know enough about snmp to answer you questions. But I think the reply of Ivan gives you a good hint. HP-Openview or Net-SNMP will probably have an Oracle plugin. Or do you want to avoid purchasing these? Received on Sat Jun 14 2003 - 03:50:53 CDT