Re: Oracle SNMP

From: Kuas <jkuas_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:25:35 -0400

The explanation is really close to what I read in the documentations. Everything is refered to the OEM. But I am still not sure the components needed. It seems to me from the reply and as in the documentations we need all 4 components. The OIE and dbsnmp(this is Unix/Sun right?) are in the DB machine. Then OMS, OEM and OEM repository is in the OEM machine. I read it somewhere between the DB and the subagent, Oracle does not use SNMP, the agent will interpret the event to SNMP event. I believe dbsnmp will send the alarm to the OEM in the SNMP protocol.

So if we have HP Openview or Net-SNMP as the NMS, is it possible to intercept the SNMP messages from the DB machine straight to the NMS without using OEM make sure that the configuration snmp DB Configuration is correct.

Right now, I am not sure I have the correct configuration of the whole Oracle system to send SNMP that can be querried by NMS system. I can't possibly tell if the OEM that does not receive the SNMP from the each subagent (OracleDB and subagent configuration) or OEM configuration.

I tried to querry the DB Oracle subagent directly but I cannot connect properly.

Thanks for the comments.

Kuas