Oracle & DreamWeaver UltraDev: issue connecting to database..

From: Oeln <ohmy9od_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2003 14:26:05 -0700

I've got Oracle9i (9.2.0.1.0) installed on Linux, & DreamWeaver UltraDev 4 on Windows 2000. I'd like to open a connection to the database from in DreamWeaver.

I've identified the driver in DreamWeaver UltraDev on Windows as the Oracle Thin Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver. I've got the URL as jdbc:oracle:thin:@garm.dyndns.org:1521:orcl. If I indicate the driver is on this computer (Windows), I get a Class not found error. If I indicate it is on garm.dyndns.org (computer on which Oracle db is installed on Linux) I get HTTP Error Code 405.

I get the impression that the error on the local, Windows computer is that it is not finding the JDBC drivers (I've obtained them from http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc9201.html
- no idea how to install in Windows); & that that is not the issue
when I get the HTTP Error Code on indicating the drivers will be on the other computer on which Oracle is installed & which I'd like to connect to?