error ora-01466 and partitions

From: Frederic Payant <fpayant_at_freesurf.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:51:25 +0200

[ oracle 8.1.7.0 entreprise - Solaris 8 (sparc) ]

Hello,
At random times, I receive a few ORA-01466 errors from my database (one or two a week)
Oradoc says : query parsed after tbl (or index) change, and execute w/old snapshot. My database is a production one, so table/index definitions are not changed and time of the server is not modified.
Some DBA says me that it could be caused by partitioning routines. I use partitioned tables, 1 partition by day, and every night, 1 partition is created and 1 is droped. But the new partition is create 10 days before beeing used, and dropped partition was used 90 days ago.
Can creation/drop of partitions create such error (even if nothin is working in partitions that are to be dropped)

Thanks for your help

Amicalement
Frédéric PAYANT Received on Fri Jun 13 2003 - 15:51:25 CDT