Re: updating sys.user$ table...

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:11:19 +0100

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:k30kevso360519nmmhljvb5566ad95j7q0_at_4ax.com...
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:31:12 +0000, kazhkas <member31144_at_dbforums.com>
> wrote:
>

> >but there were a lot users, and i had to fix somehow.
<snip>

> If you *would* have read the manual, or at least asking a question
> before *HACKING* your way out, you would have known you can reset
> passwords by issuing
> alter user <username> identfied by values '<string from the
> dictionary'
>
> But alas you wanted to be 'smart'
>
> Time to call support I guess.
>
> For the rest I think Bill Gates should be punished to death because of
> enforcing the 'point and shoot' interface upon everyone and making all
> developers braindead.

Methinks the mySQL reference points to an open source user, rather than an MS bod.

the approach. "I have made xy and z changes to data dictionary tables, what others do I need to hack?' is pure open source as well.

All in all its a good job we did away with closed source proprietory stuff (

Niall Received on Fri Jun 13 2003 - 14:11:19 CDT