Re: updating sys.user$ table...

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:51:56 +0200

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:31:12 +0000, kazhkas <member31144_at_dbforums.com> wrote:

>but there were a lot users, and i had to fix somehow.
>
> alter user <> identified by values '123..' didnt work out.
> alter user <> identified by 'passwww' work out,
>but i has only values, not passwords.
>
>so i filled sys.user$ table, sets field whitch means password date.
>
>the 'password expire date' shows up, but i still can't login.
>that is because system 'dont look at my corrections'.
>
>i know that in other DB there are some statments for that reason,
>like "flush privilegies" in mySQL.
>
>of course helps shutdown and startup database.
>
>thats all.
>
>P.S. if i will notice anything "bad" of this all, i will write.

If you *would* have read the manual, or at least asking a question before *HACKING* your way out, you would have known you can reset passwords by issuing
alter user <username> identfied by values '<string from the dictionary'

But alas you wanted to be 'smart'

Time to call support I guess.

For the rest I think Bill Gates should be punished to death because of enforcing the 'point and shoot' interface upon everyone and making all developers braindead.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jun 13 2003 - 11:51:56 CDT