Re: Problem installing Oracle9iAS

From: -caviar <nietgebruikendus_at_accessfourall.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:07:00 +0200

M wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I have failed to install Oracle 9iAS. When selected to install the
> "Oracle Infrastructure", I got the following error:
>
> "Installation has detected that a fully qualified hostname has not
> been specified for this host. Oracle9iAS Infrastructure installation
> requires a domain name to be specified for each host where it is
> installed. Please consult your operating system instructions for
> details on assigning a default domain name. If you are not using a
> DNS server, then the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts must
> include a line of the form:
>
> <IP_Address> <FULLY_QUALIFIED_HOSTNAME> <ALIASES>"
>
> I'm trying to install the iAS to XP Pro. In Control Panel->Network,
> I can found setting of TCP protocol but don't know how to set the
> above.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.

My findout after a couple of (Development & test) installs is make sure you hostname doesn't contain any non alphanumeric chars, no undersorce etc..

Then you can enter the name of your machine just in your host file pointing to its own ip adress, without appending anything.

regards hjm Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 04:07:00 CDT