Problem installing Oracle9iAS

From: M <noreply_at_noreply.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:48:23 +0800

Hi Friends,

I have failed to install Oracle 9iAS. When selected to install the "Oracle Infrastructure", I got the following error:

"Installation has detected that a fully qualified hostname has not been specified for this host. Oracle9iAS Infrastructure installation requires a domain name to be specified for each host where it is installed. Please consult your operating system instructions for details on assigning a default domain name. If you are not using a DNS server, then the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts must include a line of the form:

<IP_Address> <FULLY_QUALIFIED_HOSTNAME> <ALIASES>"

I'm trying to install the iAS to XP Pro. In Control Panel->Network, I can found setting of TCP protocol but don't know how to set the above.

Any help is much appreciated. Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 03:48:23 CDT