Re: Moving Oracle from IBM AIX to Linux?

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:32:12 GMT

Oracle is available on Red Hat Linux. "Officially", it is only supported on Red Hat Linux AS. But it works on other flavors as well. You can download a copy of Oracle for Linux on Technet (http://technet.oracle.com).

You will always have licensing issues. Can you transfer your license from one server to another? It all depends on your license agreement so check with your Oracle reprensentative.

HTH,
Brian

Hari Om wrote:

> Moving Oracle from IBM AIX to Linux?
>
> Hello,
>
> We have Oracle License and it is installed on IBM AIX 5.1L (PowerPC)
>
> Our department is thinking of moving from IBM AIX to RED HAT LINUX. So
> I am wondering if Oracle is available for this platform i.e: ie Oracle
> on Red Hat Linux(Power PC, RS 6000)
>
> Where can I download this and would there be any LICENSING Issues....?
> can we move from IBM AIX License to Linux License....?
>
> Any related informatino on this is appreciated.
>
> THANKS!

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"