Re: Can SYS connect without as sysdba

From: Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:00:38 GMT

I totally agree. Their setup routine creates some views against some v$/dba_ views (I know which ones they want access to. None of those I'm too worried about.) and then grants permissions on those newly created views to certain users. Once that's done, sys is out off the picture.

--
Terry Dykstra
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
"TurkBear" <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us> wrote in message

> More importantly, why does this 3rd party app need to connect as SYS ?
> That login should be used very sparingly...
>

> "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca> wrote:
>
> >Never mind. I found the answer. By setting O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY
=
> >True, you can workaround the requirement for 'as sysdba'.

News==----
Newsgroups
=---