Re: Can SYS connect without as sysdba

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:27:03 +0100

"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca> wrote in message news:a7KFa.27142$MM4.4915197_at_news0.telusplanet.net...
> I totally agree. Their setup routine creates some views against some
> v$/dba_ views (I know which ones they want access to. None of those I'm
too
> worried about.) and then grants permissions on those newly created views
> certain users. Once that's done, sys is out off the picture.

Just as well. Otherwise I'd be inclined to change their password on install....;-)

As far as I'm concerned, one of the irritations with grants on SYS objects is that the bloody thing will never import properly until you make a special script which pre-creates the user and issues the grants.

Regards,
Paul Received on Wed Jun 11 2003 - 14:27:03 CDT