Re: How to set up shared servers?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 19:19:43 +0200

On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 07:37:03 GMT, Peter <peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca> wrote:

>If I included the dispatchers and shared_servers parameters in my init
>file and then restart my instance and then run
>
>On Oracle9i:
>dispatchers=="(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=127.0.0.1)(port=1623))(service=ser.db)"
>shared_servers=10
>

>show parameter dispatchers
>
>and
>
>show parameter shared_servers
>
>it showed that both of these parameters were not even set. Why is
>that? How do I set them properly? did I miss something? I followed the
>the manuals already.
>
>Thanks

As I explained to you before, setting up the local loopback as host in your dispatcher parameter doesn't make any sense. If you are using non standard parameters (which you are) you also need to setup the local_listener parameter to the net8 address of your listener.
Finally, your listener has to be running before starting the database, as the database needs to register itself with the listener. If you run lsnrctl services you should be able to see the dispatchers running.
Apparently your current dispatcher parameter is incorrect, and you should check the alert log for any error message during startup.

And, BTW, all this info *IS* in the net8 manual.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jun 06 2003 - 12:19:43 CDT