heterogenious services

From: han zijlstra <hzijlstr_at_hiscom.nl>
Date: 5 Jun 2003 08:19:57 -0700

Hi,
How to connect from an Oracle database 9i on Linux to another database like MS SQL-server or Sybase in order to get data from the last into the the first?

  1. It must be a tranparant solution. Our first thought was using Oracle's heterogenious services.
  2. But Oracle doesn't deliver the agent called 'hsodbc' on linux. This program is necessary for connecting to the ODBC manager on linux. It is not clear why they don't.
  3. Maybe Transparant gateways is a solution, but I'am afraid it is too expensive for our clients.

What else can we do?
Regards
Han Received on Thu Jun 05 2003 - 10:19:57 CDT