Re: 9iAS Startup on RHAS2.1

From: Maximus <qweqwe_at_qwqwewq.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:49:29 GMT

"Alessandro Nazzani" <alexnsb_at_tin.it> wrote in message news:bb7vpn$28j0$1_at_newsreader1.mclink.it...
> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to setup a test machine with Linux RedHat Advanced Server 2.1
and
> Oracle 9iAS 9.0.2.0.1.
>
> So far I was able to install both portions ("infrastructure" and
"unified")
> of the installation process (as of Note 191567.1).
>
> I assume the installation was successful as I got no errors and (as
> suggested in the Note) I could connect to:
>
> http://host.domain.com:7777
> https://host.domain.com:4443
> http://host.domain.com:1810
> http://host.domain.com:7777/pls/orasso (login was successful)
> http://host.domain.com:7777/oiddas
> http://host.domain.com:7778
> https://host.domain.com:4445
>
> The problem I'm facing at the moment is that, after rebooting, nothing
> works. I presume this is because there are no scripts to automate
> startup/shutdown of Oracle. I also suspect that not all needed environment
> variables are correctly defined.
>
> 1) What are the needed variables and where should I set them? I put
> ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_SID, TNS_ADMIN and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> definitions in /etc/profile, but it looks like they are defined only when
> login as root, not as ias (my install user).
> 2) What are the scripts/commands needed to start 9iAS manually?
> 3) What are the scripts/commands needed to start 9iAS at boot time?
>
> I understand I'm asking a lot, especially considering that this is my
first
> experience with Linux, so I will be most grateful for your assistance and
> for any pointers you will provide.
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Alessandro

You need to refer to the "Starting and Stopping the Application Server" documentation in the Oracle 9i Application Server Adminsitrator's Guide. This will show you how to manually start/stop the services and in what order. From there you can grow your own start/stop scripts without too much work. Received on Fri May 30 2003 - 11:49:29 CDT