9iAS Startup on RHAS2.1

From: Alessandro Nazzani <alexnsb_at_tin.it>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 18:10:38 +0200

Hi all.

I'm trying to setup a test machine with Linux RedHat Advanced Server 2.1 and Oracle 9iAS 9.0.2.0.1.

So far I was able to install both portions ("infrastructure" and "unified") of the installation process (as of Note 191567.1).

I assume the installation was successful as I got no errors and (as suggested in the Note) I could connect to:

http://host.domain.com:7777
https://host.domain.com:4443
http://host.domain.com:1810
http://host.domain.com:7777/pls/orasso (login was successful)
http://host.domain.com:7777/oiddas
http://host.domain.com:7778
https://host.domain.com:4445

The problem I'm facing at the moment is that, after rebooting, nothing works. I presume this is because there are no scripts to automate startup/shutdown of Oracle. I also suspect that not all needed environment variables are correctly defined.

  1. What are the needed variables and where should I set them? I put ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_SID, TNS_ADMIN and LD_LIBRARY_PATH definitions in /etc/profile, but it looks like they are defined only when I login as root, not as ias (my install user).
  2. What are the scripts/commands needed to start 9iAS manually?
  3. What are the scripts/commands needed to start 9iAS at boot time?

I understand I'm asking a lot, especially considering that this is my first experience with Linux, so I will be most grateful for your assistance and for any pointers you will provide.

Thanks for your attention.

Alessandro Received on Fri May 30 2003 - 11:10:38 CDT