Re: "Replication" of LONG RAW

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:30:11 GMT

You will have to write a trigger to capture the fact that the table changed and copy the data to a holding pen (probably via the dbms_sql package.) Then via a database link send the data over during the replication phase - kicked off by using dbms_job - again use dbms_sql to send the data over. Then of course , you will have to write some sort of package to track errors and resolve simultanios updates or collisions. A shit load of work, highly prone to error, and taking some very talented people. Might be easier to change things to lobs. or have a trigger that populates a lob and use replication for that.

I never done any of it; use your imagination and reduce it to as few parts you have to write. The problem is that if you couldn't think of ways of doing it then you are probably not versed enough in how Oracle works to do it. You could also hire a consultant.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure