Re: activating standby database questions

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 May 2003 06:37:23 -0700

Oracle doesn't know to do the mount standby, you have script it to start as such. You can't go off of the standby controlfile because if you do a switchover, your standby controlfile get's converted. The same is true upon activation of the standby. I run Dataguard with 9.0.1 on two RS/6000's and have never seen or heard of oracle being able to detect how to start a standby instance. The version of OEM that shipped with 9.2 may have the functionality you are looking for.

HTH,
Pete's

The views I may have expressed here are solely my own and not that of my employer.