Re: Create Sample DB

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 02:14:04 GMT

"kaming" <guest_at_guest.com> wrote in message news:bb12iu$jm51_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to Oracle world and preparing to the OCP courses and exams. I
have
> just installed the Oracle DB in my Win2000 box and wanna to create the
> sample DB as the exam guide mentioned. Could someone tell me whether there
> is a "exported" version of that DB in Internet?
>
> Thanks in advances!
>
> Henry

with 9i, when you do a standard install, the sample database should be created.

were you asked to put in some form of name when you installed the database?

if so login with system/manager@<name>

select username
from dba_users;

gets you a list of usernames. I believe they are locked. Dont play around in SYS,SYSTEM,outln,dbsnmp

look for users like OE and such.

i cant remember the syntax for unlocking accounts. go to otn.oracle.com, press search. switch to searching the documents and type in 'unlock' Received on Tue May 27 2003 - 21:14:04 CDT