Re: index node split autonomy

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 04:34:07 GMT

On Mon, 26 May 2003 18:09:18 -0700, Nuno Souto wrote:

> Can anyone confirm if this was the case in older versions
> as well? I've got a bell going off in my mind about this
> being a relatively new thing.

That is very new. It started with a thingy called "TPO" which was an option to oracle 6. BTW, 6.0.36 was one of the stablest oracle versions that I've ever worked with. Having in mind which OS have I used then (Wyse Unix 4.0 on Wyse 9000 box) it's a miracle that it was working as well as it was. For those of you born after the permean extinction, this was a box that could house up to 6 i486/33 and was blindingly fast compared to much more expensive VAX 4000 DSSI. WYSE Unix 4.0 was one of the first SVR4 Unixes on the market and I hated streams, portmon and everything.

--
Mladen Gogala
Software is like sex, it is better when it is free.